An Invitation in Sprout Studio lets you easily schedule appointments, meetings and shoots with your clients without the unnecessary back-and-forth. You configure your availability and the options and your invitee can select a date and time that works for them. Your invitations will even cross-check your Google Calendar to make sure everything jives!
Adding a new invitation
To add a new invitation, go to Overview > Invitations and click the "Add New" button at the top of the page. The Create Invitation window will open on the screen. Give your invitation a title related to what your clients will book a time for (Winter Mini-Session, Coffee Meeting, etc.).
There are 5 main categories to go through when building your Invitation:
- Availability, which is when the client can book.
- Advanced Availability, which are advanced parameters concerning when your client can book.
- Date Details, which are the notes and details of who is booking.
- Communication, which is where you'll attach a questionnaire or message when a client is booking.
- Share, which is where you get the link and embed code for the calendar.
This is where you're going to choose when your clients can book a time slot. You can simply click on a date, add the available time window, and click "Add New" to add it. You can specify whether you want it to appear for:
- This date only
- All of a certain day of the week (All Fridays for example)
- Specify certain days of the week, which lets you apply that same time frame to multiple days.
On top of choosing the time slot, you can specify the minimum amount of notice you need before scheduling a time, the timezone, and the time frame they can book within. Your options for the time frame are:
- Rolling Window, which lets your clients book in the next X amount of days/weeks.
- Start/End, which lets them book between 2 specific days.
- Ongoing, which means there isn't a limit on when they can book.
The Advanced Availability is where you're going to finetune the details of the date. This is where you're going to say how long the time slots can be, who can book them, etc. The available tools are:
- Invitation Type, which is whether 1 person can book a timeslot, or multiple people can (for something like a workshop).
- Availability Increments, which is where you set the frequency and granularity of available time slots for your invitees to choose from. Note that this is different than the length of the date.
- Buffer After Events, which is how much time you need after an event.
- Users, which is where you'd add additional users to the Invitation. Your client can choose who they're booking a timeslot with this way.
- Maximum Available Per Day, which is how many events you want to book in one day.
- Buffer Before Events, which is how much time you need before an event.
The Date Details section is where all the main details of a date are set. This is where you'll set the length of time that can be booked, whether the date is auto-approved or manually approved, the name and location of the date, and any internal notes you'd want to have.
In the Communication section, you'll attach optional forms and messages. You can attach a Questionnaire template to collect more information about a date, and you can attach a Welcome/Thank You Message to greet and thank your client for booking.
The Share section is where you'll set the link for the Invitation. You can also get your embed code to embed the Invitation into a webpage. You can choose to use the Script code, which will adapt automatically to the page, or use the iFrame code, which uses a static width and height. We recommend the Script code, but test it on your site to make sure it works first, as not all sites support Script codes.