A Contact in Sprout Studio is a person. A contact can be attached to a Lead or Shoot, or it can be a stand-alone contact and not attached to anything. Go to the Contacts page to view all of your contacts, or go to the Clients and Contacts page within a lead or shoot to view all of the contacts for that particular lead or shoot.
A contact has:
- A profile photo.
- A name, saved as first and last name.
- A company name (optional).
- A username, which is what they'd use to login to their client portal.
- Any number of contact details (i.e. an email, a phone number, etc.)
- Any number of custom contact details, which are fields you can create to record other information about your clients (i.e. their birthday, anniversary, etc).
- An address.
There are three ways to create a new contact:
- Add a new contact manually.
- Automatically create a contact by adding a lead or shoot.
- Import contacts via a CSV.
Adding a contact manually
To add a contact manually, go to the Contacts page and click the "Add New" button. You can also go to any lead or shoot, and go to the Clients and Contacts page and click the "Add New" button there to add a new contact for that specific lead or shoot.
Automatically creating a contact by adding a lead or shoot
When you create a new lead or shoot, it automatically creates a new contact and makes them the client for that lead or shoot.
Importing contacts via a CSV
To import a list of contacts from a CSV file, go to the Contacts page and click the "Import CSV" button.