A Coupon is a great way to incentivize purchasing or reward loyal clients. A coupon is used at the time of creating an order and therefore creates the order at a discounted rate. A coupon can be used in Sprout Studio when:
- Placing an order in a gallery.
- Filling out a booking proposal.
It's important to note that a coupon is not to be used in place of money as a means to pay for an invoice. It is not a credit. A coupon is used as a means of lowering the price for an order at the time the order is created.
A coupon can be attached to a lead or shoot, which means it can only be used for galleries or in a booking proposal for that lead or shoot, or a coupon can be unattached and therefore used globally.
How to view your coupons
Go to the Overview > Coupons page to view all of your coupons, or go to the Lead or Shoot > Coupons page to view coupons specific to that lead or shoot.
How to create a new coupon
There are two ways to create a coupon:
- Go to the Overview > Coupons page and click the "Add New" button at the top of the page.
- Go to the Lead or Shoot > Coupons page and click the "Add New" button at the top of the page.
Specifying details for a coupon
When creating or editing a coupon, you'll see that you can specify the following details:
- Coupon name - This is the name of the coupon, for your reference only.
- Coupon code - This is the code your client will have to type in when using the coupon.
- Type and amount - This is whether the coupon is a percentage discount, or a flat fee discount (i.e. 20% off or $50 off).
- Usage limits - This is whether the coupon is limited to a certain number of uses or has unlimited uses.
- Expiry date - This is the date the coupon must be used by. After this date, the coupon will not validate.
- Attached to - This is whether the coupon is attached to a lead or shoot, or unattached and therefore available globally.
- Description - This is simply an internal note for your reference.
You'll also notice in the coupon modal that there is a "Usage Log" tab. Here, you can see the history of a coupon once it has been used - when and how it was used.