Any email you write in Sprout Studio can be either a "Plain" email or a "Pretty" email.
A plain email is a plain-text email and looks the same as it would look as if you were to type a personal email in Gmail, Mac OS mail or from your phone.
A pretty email is a more refined and stylized email. It has:
- A header image or bar of color
- A heading
- The main email content
- A contextually-aware button (where applicable)
There are two theming options for pretty emails:
- Dark theme or light theme
- Sans-serif or serif font
You can choose one of 4 options for your pretty email header:
- Automatic email header, which will automatically pick the best image for the header. If you're sending the email from a gallery or from a shoot with a gallery attached to it, it'll use the cover image for that gallery. If there are multiple galleries in a shoot, you can cycle between the covers for each gallery.
- Custom image, which is an image you can upload just for this specific email.
- Brand email header, which will use the email header you've specified for the brand.
- Brand color bar, which is a simple, minimalistic bar of color at the top of the email.
You can set up email templates to be pretty or plain. When you use that email template (for example, in a workflow, or when you manually choose it while sending an email), the configuration, content and options will be preserved.