Note: This feature is only available on the Pro and Studio plans.
One of the core purposes of a virtual IPS gallery is to sell prints - wall portraits, in specific. Currently, Sprout Studio supports a self-fulfillment strategy for selling prints in a gallery which means that you're not locked into a certain lab. Your client can order the prints, pay for them (Sprout takes no commission) and then you can fulfill them through whichever lab you'd like.
How to sell prints in a gallery
To sell prints in a virtual IPS gallery, you must add a price list to the gallery. Select one of your price lists in the "Price List" dropdown in the "Pricing" panel while editing a gallery. Go to Pricing & Booking > Price Lists to create, edit and manage your price lists.
You can also optionally choose a tax from the "Tax" dropdown in the "Pricing" panel to apply that tax rate to all orders from the gallery.
Once you've added a price list to a gallery, all prints within that price list will be available for purchase in the gallery.
How your client orders prints in a gallery
There are three opportunities during a virtual IPS gallery for your client to order prints. Each opportunity is designed to be a different category of print:
- Your client can purchase wall portraits during the "Wall Portrait" step in the virtual IPS gallery when they're shown the room(s) you've chosen for them to preview their wall portraits on and also where they can upload a photo of their own room. During this step, your client can toggle between the various sizes you offer, make minor cropping adjustments and zoom the image in-and-out.
- Your client will be given the opportunity to purchase smaller prints during the "Small Prints" step in the virtual IPS gallery when they're shown a desk with a small frame on it. Only prints below 10" x 10" will be available for purchase here. During this step, your client can toggle between the various sizes you offer, make minor cropping adjustments and zoom the image in-and-out.
- Your client will be able to purchase any prints of any size in the "Order Quick Prints" section on the "Additional Items" step of the virtual IPS gallery, where they can quickly choose a photo, choose a size, and order a print. This is similar to how a normal online gallery works.
How to view all orders from a gallery
There are two ways to view your orders in Sprout Studio:
- Go to the Overview > Orders & Quotes page to view all of your orders. You'll see the "Attached To" column, which will list what lead, shoot or gallery (if any) the order is attached to.
- Go to the Lead or Shoot > Orders & Quotes page to view all of your orders for that particular lead or shoot.
You can also quickly see all orders attached to a gallery by clicking the "Orders" badge in the top-right corner while editing a gallery.